Rideshare companies are providing new alternatives to transportation that makes it easier to get people where they need to go. They don’t have to worry about driving in a new place, paying for gas, or finding a parking space. All people who want to use the service have to do is download the app to request a ride. Uber is one of these companies and are present in many major cities and towns.
Uber Ride Selections
Uber has a large selection of rides you can request. There are different rides to meet any potential rider’s needs. As some are more expensive than others and some could have you save money, it’s important to know what each type is for and what Uber ride is best for you.
Some of the rides are grouped in certain categories. UberX, UberXL, and UberSELECT are classified as economy rides. UberBLACK, UberSUV, and Uber LUX are all premium rides and usually cost more than economy.
- This options seats up to four passengers and is one of the more common Uber rides. The car are usually sedans.
- Because this is for passengers for a bigger group size of six, the UberXL is more expensive and uses bigger cars.
- The SELECT option is where Uber starts to get into luxury vehicles. This seats up to four passengers. Common cars to see with SELECT are Mercedes, BMW, and the cars usually have a leather interior.
- This was the original ride option from Uber. The cars are high-end, black, and use professional drivers.
- Similar to UberBLACK in luxury and cost, the SUV option is for bigger groups. This option also uses professional drivers.
- This option puts the focus on luxury and style. It’s like the other premium rides because it also uses professional drivers.
- Interested in saving some money? UberPOOL picks up other riders who are headed to destinations near yours. You share the ride and split the cost. This option is great for people who are running a few errands in one day and don’t want to have to singularly pay for multiple rides.
- This option is for people who use wheelchairs. The UberACCESS cars are wheelchair accessible.
Using a rideshare service doesn’t mean that riders are automatically safe from car accidents. Even if a rideshare driver is responsible and safe, another negligent driver could hit the Uber vehicle. In rideshare accidents, insurance can get confusing because you’re dealing with multiple parties. You shouldn’t be responsible for paying for medical bills from an accident that wasn’t your fault.
If you or a love one has been injured while in an Uber, you have legal options. An Uber accident lawyer from Rideshare Law Group can help get you compensation for your injuries. We’re ready to stand up for you and work tirelessly to get you a favorable settlement. Get in touch to learn more.